Blitzkrieg 2
Multiplayer

Forums

Forum Home > Modding > GRM mod V2 wishlist

Gardekyrassier

I accually cant see the purpose of making another Mod from the scratch. Anyway:

1) American medium tanks: 41-42, ever thought about the M3 Grand/Lee?

2) Engineering Squard: I think its not about the armament but about the four abilities unlocked from start...

Wittman has dedicated engineering squard with 5 men who are able to do a lot of stuff like diging trenches and planting charges. Mod 18 uses rear guard troops, that are basicly ten normal main infantry men. Still they can dig trenches because of their status of being a pioneer reinforcements unit, which is their main purpose after all.

Never forget you dont have to invent the wheel once more... If you lack inspiration for the reinforcements composition, you may take a look at Wittmans or my Mod. I mean you can still vary it.

March 31, 2017 at 12:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

1st. Mod18 for FotR, so is TC a stand allone, with same fucked up high range as FotR, nothing to do with orginal bk2 concept. so there is NO real good BK2 mod. After all it was the players begging for GRM2!

2nd. I want to know from FM what he means with Eng-Squad

3nd Mod18 and TC both have the problem to be overloaded with units (that never have seen battlefield), have too much diffrent units in one reinforce group, are unballanced, because of too much nations, for same reason have to long loadtime for slow PC (I need 1 min before bk2 open nivallogin if TC is active).

So mainly becaus mod18 is for FotR and TC is a one man project, who not likes to teamwork, we needed to do our own action, and no worries we not makeing another mod from scratch(most resources we have), just planning it right!

March 31, 2017 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gardekyrassier

Dont underestimate such a projects... I started in early 2013 and I am far from realising all the ideas that are around. (Btw dont be misstaken. Sadly Mod-18 is a one man show too. I just have more fans that propote the project without asking me... :P). On top of this balance is nothing you can plan, you have to test it over and over again. Which is why you will allmost certainly receive many change propositions once the mod is out.
Anyway. I dont want to be a fun killer. Good luck and have fun. I am off to political convention again.

March 31, 2017 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

tttz at March 31, 2017 at 6:49 PM

shroomman at March 31, 2017 at 12:15 PM

tttz at March 30, 2017 at 11:08 PM

i just gave some idea for MOD players by my software experience .

?????????

keep in mind that offtopic posts will be deleted!

you think that's off topic ?

maybe I just not understand the meaning

March 31, 2017 at 8:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

Gardekyrassier at March 31, 2017 at 6:20 PM

Dont underestimate such a projects... I started in early 2013 and I am far from realising all the ideas that are around. (Btw dont be misstaken. Sadly Mod-18 is a one man show too. I just have more fans that propote the project without asking me... :P). On top of this balance is nothing you can plan, you have to test it over and over again. Which is why you will allmost certainly receive many change propositions once the mod is out.
Anyway. I dont want to be a fun killer. Good luck and have fun. I am off to political convention again.

Sure I dont underestimate, but after all I created a mod 10 years ago, and know what to do.

So thats why I know it needs to be thoroughly planed, before changing anything.

And then again we have the target to only change/add some units, so it will sure not be such a massive project as mod18!

Then I have some very talented teamworkers! (This time, as last time I needed to all my own!)

So yes, it may take time, and lots of it is boring work, but there where so many requests(for a second GRM version), that I decided to take this way.

March 31, 2017 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

shroomman at March 30, 2017 at 7:26 PM

Reinforcement Chart

this is absolut theory at the moment, sort of brainstorming document

I added extra charts for units, so unit Data needed in reinforce list, can be linked, rather than typed in:

March 31, 2017 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michael_Wittman
Administrator

Fi 156 Storch

April 2, 2017 at 6:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

tttz I still not understand....

April 2, 2017 at 1:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

update:

mainly organising unit folder tree at the moment (bugging work)

putting right paths into xdb files will make them easy to copy arround

not needing to copy resources with it, so can save resources in extra module-PAK-file(or if needed resources are allready in orginal game)

April 2, 2017 at 10:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rickastley

I look forward to these new maps, comrades 8)

April 5, 2017 at 5:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

rickastley at April 5, 2017 at 5:34 PM

I look forward to these new maps, comrades 8)

will not only be new maps, but new reinforces

other calls

April 5, 2017 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

A Testmap to see "new" JPzIV unit

April 9, 2017 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

Reinforcement Chart

added German Tanks, German SPG

somehow the icons get out of place in the preview, its ok if opened as document with Office

April 13, 2017 at 5:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

Reinforcement Chart

most German and USA units (with important Stats) now added into document

the Stats are from patch 1.5

so all still is theory (documentation); but with help of the chart, now it is easier to compare the units, and so be able to form balanced reinforce groups, or if nessasary change the stats of the units.

April 14, 2017 at 9:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

Michael you are genius. I not not know how but you fix Mitchell GAP. So we not need to fix it.

June 8, 2017 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Google Translator