Blitzkrieg 2
Multiplayer

Forums

Forum Home > Single Player > Turning Point SP Map UP

Eckirion

-----------------------UPDATED---------------------------------------------------

Name: Turning Point

Size: 17x17

Factions: Germany vs USA and Great Britain

Requires Wittman's Total Conversion patched to v1.1.1

Progress Report #1 [1-23-17]

A thank you to shroomman for making this forum category and to Michael_Wittman for making the Total Conversion mod and all the assets I used to make my map. Here are some screenshots for all important locations that I will use as an objective. There some units that are already placed but you might not see it in the release of the map.

Speaking about unit placement, I still have to find the sweet spot for the sniper to do its job without getting blown up everytime. A minor complaint to Nival on why did they remove the sniper's sneak stance and replaced it with a "Stealth" skill which makes the sniper more of a recon unit rather than an assassin.

An ordinary village:

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab77/joshuageorpe/BK2%20Map%20Screenshots/BK2SC01_zpspetp8112.png

An ordinary town:

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab77/joshuageorpe/BK2%20Map%20Screenshots/BK2SC02_zps3jsio7va.png

That generic warehouse that you see everytime in a randomly generated mission from BK1 ( almost ):

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab77/joshuageorpe/BK2%20Map%20Screenshots/BK2SC03_zps1nlk9ao1.png

An industrial district:

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab77/joshuageorpe/BK2%20Map%20Screenshots/BK2SC04_zpssfwjrntr.png

A train depot:

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab77/joshuageorpe/BK2%20Map%20Screenshots/BK2SC05_zpsa8uqtubr.png

Will update more if there is something worth noting and reporting. Also... Wittman, can you add more buildings to your mod?

NOTE: Is there any application that can open TGA files from BK2 screenshots?

January 23, 2017 at 3:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Eckirion

Progress Report #2 [1-25-17]

I'm running on a problem concerning the map editor's diplomacy since whenever I declare a player beyond player #2 to be my ally, everything except player #1 becomes my ally. Basically, if I want player #3 to be my ally, player #2 becomes my ally too, despite never assigning the #0. Does anyone have an idea for what caused this?

--

January 25, 2017 at 6:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

use the direct link to embed pictures in forum ;-)

January 26, 2017 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

Eckirion at January 25, 2017 at 6:16 AM

Progress Report #2 [1-25-17]

I'm running on a problem concerning the map editor's diplomacy since whenever I declare a player beyond player #2 to be my ally, everything except player #1 becomes my ally. Basically, if I want player #3 to be my ally, player #2 becomes my ally too, despite never assigning the #0. Does anyone have an idea for what caused this?

not realy, I never had the problem (but I only created one SP mission)
I did like to make enemy allied while editing map, to see if scripting works.

is there a reason why you need more than 3 factions (player/enemy/ally)?
if you want to give enemy more reinforcements try skripted reinforces

you can change units factions, make the move from map or kill instantly with skript

..... wait a moment .....

have you set DiplomacySide? (0 Player/ 1 enemy)

as the "PartyInfo" trigger not defines the side, it defines the nation or MPside

so if you want player 2 to be your enemy you need to put players diplomaty side to 1

January 26, 2017 at 7:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eckirion

@1st shroomman Reply - Ah... Will remember for future use.

@2nd shroomman Reply - Hmm... Basically I wanted 4 players actually. #1 is the player, #2 is the enemy, #3 is the neutral and #4 would be my ally. When I said #3, I mean #3 on the map editor which would be player #4.

Well, I set the diplomacy between players on the DiplomacySide and set player #0 = 0 ( player ), player #1 = 1 ( enemy ), player #2 = 2 ( neutral ) and player #3 = 0 ( player's side/ ally ). But the main problem is that whenever I set player #3's DiplomacySide to 0, player #2 also becomes my ally even though I set player #2 to 2 which is the neutral side.

--

January 27, 2017 at 7:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

neutral player needs to be last I think (I know you need to set neutral last player for MP, probably the same in SP)

oh, and ever tried Irfan view for pictures(its a mini paintshop)?

January 27, 2017 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michael_Wittman
Administrator

Good job Eckirion!:D

January 27, 2017 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eckirion

@shroomman - Guess I will try setting the neutral to the last player then.

@Michael_Wittman - Thanks!

Question: What is a UniqueID? Most script function uses this and, how are each unit assigned with this? I know you can set the ScriptID by editing the object's property but what about an object's UniqueID?

--

January 27, 2017 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eckirion

I tried the Irfan view shroomman but it cannot open the map screenshot ( the entire map's screenshot ).

--

January 27, 2017 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

Eckirion at January 27, 2017 at 9:48 PM

I tried the Irfan view shroomman but it cannot open the map screenshot ( the entire map's screenshot ).

sometimes the mapshot file is corrupt best take mapshot in 800x600 or so.

i remember having problems creating mapshots in high res

January 30, 2017 at 1:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

Eckirion at January 27, 2017 at 9:37 PM

@shroomman - Guess I will try setting the neutral to the last player then.

@Michael_Wittman - Thanks!

Question: What is a UniqueID? Most script function uses this and, how are each unit assigned with this? I know you can set the ScriptID by editing the object's property but what about an object's UniqueID?

i rember having problems with that too

have a look at my ardenne sp map skript

i think i use it in PA-map (Project asia MP) too.

i dont know to explain, best you have a look at the scripts i think i commented quite well, i assume you are using mapeditor-manual (as otherwise no such question would come)

check this out:

http://bk2-mp.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7559924-script-in-mp-maps-i-scripted-reinforcements-

January 30, 2017 at 1:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eckirion

Progress Report #3 [1-31-17]

It seems the problem about player #2 being my ally whenever I declare a player beyond it as my ally. Thank you to shroomman for giving me the method to solve that problem. Anyway... I will be fiddling with the scripts for a while so I can refresh myself on Blitzkrieg 2 lua scripting. Thank goodness Nival packaged both the map and resource editor to a single application cause doing it on Blitzkrieg 1 can be a bit complicated, considering the fact that text files and map files are separated to two different directories. And again, thanks to shroomman for his/her ( idk gender??? LOL! ) continued support towards me, its whipping me to work more on this map and so I will get it on!

NEW PROBLEM!

NOTE: It seems directly uploading the image to this post gets me the error that the "body is too long ( 20000 words limit )".

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab77/joshuageorpe/BK2%20Map%20Screenshots/Script%20Bam_zpszgm67hbj.png

--

January 31, 2017 at 8:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

funny working fine my side

oh and its (Mu)shroomMan  indicating my gender

January 31, 2017 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

I had to fiddle in HTML source of last post so error message not show up (deleted 1 suffix) webs-forum sucks, but hey its free!

January 31, 2017 at 9:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Eckirion

So... is there anything wrong with my script? An error log keeps showing up below it.

--

January 31, 2017 at 12:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

probably, if script is ok no error comes ;-) maybe send me lua file or post it here.

it could take a 1-2 week for answer thow

February 5, 2017 at 7:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eckirion

TEST SCRIPT:

https://www.mediafire.com/?hgpfhad6s9j5jl3

--

February 5, 2017 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

You need to "extract" The Variable (trucks_A0_HP) from the Array (trucks_A0), it would simply work with just (units_A0) beeing the full Array of Player(s) Units on map, but I wanted to give you an option to sort out Arrays. So finaly: A "UniqueID" is part of an "Array". GetObjectList( ScriptID ) creates an Array of all units who have the chosen ScriptID. So if "2" was meant to be ScriptID use GetObjectList. If scriptID 2 is bridge you might wanna check the last germ camp mission (final mission)

scriptfile

February 6, 2017 at 8:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eckirion

Progress Report #4 [2-17-17]

I haven't updated for awhile since the first week of February is busy with it being the midterm exam week and I need to focus for a bit. I will also need to focus for the finalterm phase of this semester so I might continue to work on this one on March or on April. I will still continue to work on this slowly if I find some time. I'm currently working on making the objective titles and descriptions and implementing them on the script. All script areas are plotted so this part is an OK now.

--

February 17, 2017 at 1:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Eckirion

Progress Report #5 [3-6-17]

It seems I have to fiddle a bit with the localization text for Wittman's Total Conversion mod. And by fiddle a bit, I mean translate some of the unit's name from Polish to English. I am done doing the squad's name ( though not all but some ) and onto doing some of the vehicle's name.

You might be asking yourself this; why would you do this even though it's not necessary to completely create a SP map? Yes, it's not necessary, BUT... translating some units helps me a lot to know what nation does this belong to. As I was plotting some units on the early phase of the map, I mistakenly placed a Finnish soldier instead of a German one. I only understand the number parts of the name which represent the year... anything other than that... I don't know. It's a hassle for me to keep on searching and clicking until the unit I want shows up on the map editor. Translating some unit's name will make the assignment of scripted reinforcements more quick and less eye-soring as I can just peek at the localized name file reference.

I hope you are okay with me touching some of your mod's files Wittman.

--

March 6, 2017 at 8:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Google Translator