Blitzkrieg 2
Multiplayer

Forums

Forum Home > Modding > Modern units and postwar conflicts

Col. Hogan

While browsing online, I came across a Blitzkrieg I mod called "Kosovo Sunrise" which featured some nice modern units and I was wondering if it was possible to modify them to work in Blitzkrieg 2.

There's also this: Union.4bb.ru

There's also images online of various Chinese and Middle Eastern units in BK1 (The Chinese mod is called "Army of Mao" I believe, but I'm not sure of the Middle Eastern one).

These units look very interesting and would be fun to use in BK2.

I feel the post WWII era (Early 1950s onward) is a sadly neglected area for BK2, and I think the community could benefit from an SP/MP mod dedicated to it.

A talented group of individuals could also go as far as to produce a mod (Or mods) focusing on post WWII conflicts like the Korean War, Six-Day War, and the Yugoslav Wars.

Unfortunately, I possess no real BK2 modding skills, nor can I create units from scratch or import them, so I'm strictly limited to just idea sharing/information gathering.

--

We don't have to be enemies just because we're...enemies.

June 17, 2017 at 1:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

Well modding is just a thing you can learn and practise. I started with creating maps, and altering game stats (mainly for cheaiting in SP). Once you understand the logic of it, its not so difficult.

Main problem for your mod idea, I think, is the problem with guided missiles (There is no such weapon in WW2, so guiding system not implemented in BK2).

There is a stand allone game based on BK1 engine you might want to have a look too: "Cuban Missile Crisis"

June 17, 2017 at 11:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Col. Hogan

Is there a way to reskin a unit (Say a T-34/85) into another version (Say Serbian) but also keep the original?  (So that way, I'd have both T-34s). Is that something that can be done with MS Paint or Gimp or another free program?

I've seen BK1 units in BK2 before, so I know it's possible, I just don't want to try it myself and irreversibly damage the game files.  How would that be done exactly?

As for the viability of a postwar BK2 mod, guided missiles weren't in widespread use until the early 1970s, and many nations kept parts of their WWII arsenals well past 1945, so I'd be willing to say it's possible.

--

June 19, 2017 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

I would recomend two possibilties:

1. copy your BK2 folder and use the copy folder for testing

2. create mod (or take GRMmod and rename folder) and do testing there

actually you only need copy folder of unit and change pathname of unit on testmap.

You might want to have a look on foldertree, to see how BK2 organised its files.

June 19, 2017 at 11:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michael_Wittman
Administrator

I plan to test the technological level of the 1970s

June 20, 2017 at 9:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Col. Hogan

Michael_Wittman at June 20, 2017 at 9:53 AM

I plan to test the technological level of the 1970s

Well that should be interesting to track.

--

June 20, 2017 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

check http://bk2-mp.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/13439488-make-new-units-work-in-normal-bk2?page=last

somehow webs corrupted today, not update forum

June 22, 2017 at 4:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Google Translator