Blitzkrieg 2
Multiplayer

Forums

Forum Home > Modding > Make (new) units work in normal BK2

shroomman
Site Owner

Is there a way to get these wonderful looking units to work in the regular BK2 campaigns?

You will need the unit files and copy them into (sub)directory of your mission/map, make your map place (dummy) units, keep pathname of these units in mind. open mapfile with texteditor (or SciTe) replace pathname of dummy unit with pathname of your unit.

If you want use resources from mods, that are not existent in BK2 you must show BK2 game where to find them.

The problem is though, I don't want everything, I only want the new units

well then just copy the unit files you need (extract PAK file with any ZIP program)

here again check foldertree!

June 22, 2017 at 2:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shroomman
Site Owner

here a testmap I used for testing a new unit

This might help you understand what resources you need to copy in your mission folder (mission.PAK file)

June 22, 2017 at 4:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Col. Hogan

"You will need the unit files and copy them into (sub)directory of your mission/map, make your map place (dummy) units, keep pathname of these units in mind. open mapfile with texteditor (or SciTe) replace pathname of dummy unit with pathname of your unit.

If you want use resources from mods, that are not existent in BK2 you must show BK2 game where to find them."

My apologies,  but I'm not sure I understand. Is there a tutorial with pictures? I'm sorry, but I learn better with pics.

"well then just copy the unit files you need (extract PAK file with any ZIP program)"

I've tried it repeatedly, but to no avail, they never show up in the map editor, and my last attempt accidentally deleted the files (And I don't remember where I got them from).

I'm afraid I'm just not cut out for this type of modding.

--

We don't have to be enemies just because we're...enemies.

June 24, 2017 at 11:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Google Translator